counterbalancing presentation across stimuli and participants

LoCasto, Paul C. Prof. Paul.Locasto at quinnipiac.edu
Mon Oct 30 23:56:10 UTC 2006

Hello all-

I apologize for the rudimentary nature of this question.  Lets say I
have 21 stimuli, with each stimulus occurring in 3 versions- (e.g. 1a,
1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c ...21a,21b,21c). I want each Ss to only see one
version of each stimulus (SS1 would see 1a or 1b or 1c) but
counterbalanced so that every Ss sees 7 exemplars in each 'a' 'b' 'c'
category. What is the easiest way to implement this? If it is easier, is
there a STEP script or any other script you can point me to, I would
deeply appreciate it.

Paul

Paul C. LoCasto, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Psychology