Sending triggers (again): how to best invoke them for aresponse in an oddball paradigm?

J. Scott Saults saultsj at missouri.edu
Tue Oct 31 18:18:35 UTC 2006

Ben,

Thanks for the suggestions. I worked up something based on your
ideas. About all I needed to add was a boolean to set when there was
a response. This variable is then checked in each loop so the port
code is only sent once.

Today, I also got a response to this question from Matt Lenhart, PST
technical Consultant. His suggestion was similar to yours, except
that his solution involved two inlines, one after the stimulus object
but before the ISI object, the other after the ISI object. It works
in a similar way, with the first inline looping for the duration of
the stimulus, and the second inline looping for the duration of the
ISI. One small difference is that the ISI object clears the stimulus
display when it times out, so that doesn't have to be done within the inline.

BTW, as well as I can tell, on my system, this method usually sends
the port code within about 1 ms of the time of the response.

Thanks again.
J Scott Saults

At 08:47 AM 10/30/06, From: "Ben Robinson" <brobinso at mprc.umaryland.edu>