If->Then Syntax

Steve Frost frosts at haskins.yale.edu
Fri Dec 21 15:04:10 UTC 2007

Sorry, but I cannot find the syntax for this:
I am reading in a series of lists and I need certain variables set
differently depending on the list.
I need the correct syntax for something like the following:

If thelist = [1 3 5 7 9] Then
  do something
Else
 do something else
End If

I have made a work-around using a series of OR statements (i.e., If
thelist = 1 or thelist = 3 or thelist = 7 or thelist = 9 then...) but
this is silly. Can anybody help me with the proper syntax? Thanks

Steve