Error message: End Sub

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:14:28 UTC 2007

hello stephane,

There is probably a syntax error in an if-then-else construction in your own piece of inline code.
One possible mistake is the use of

if then
else if then
end if

instead of

if then
elseif then
end if

best,
paul

Subject: Error message: End SubDate: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:35:27 +0000From: Stephane.DeBrito at iop.kcl.ac.ukTo: eprime at mail.talkbank.org

Dear E-prime experts,

I have been trying to solve this problem for days: when attempting to compile the E-basic script, I am encountering an error message whose origin I have difficulties to trace. Here is the error message:

Encountered: End Sub
Expecting: Else, ElseIf, EndIf

The problem is that the location (i.e. line and column) is outside of the last inline in my TrialProc…I don’t understand what’s going on. Is there anyone who can give me a hint/clue as to what the problem might be? Any help would much appreciated.

Stephane
Stephane De Brito, PhD student
Institute of Psychiatry
King's College London
Forensic Mental Health Science Department
Box P023
De Crespigny Park
Denmark Hill
London SE5 8AF