Experiment time limit, with warning...

Eddie Dubourg eddie at ling.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 15:29:34 UTC 2007

I'm writing an experiment that needs a specific duration of 20 minutes.
Now, I know it's trivial to put a duration on the list that calls the
experimental block (and I wish I could do this), but the researcher I'm
working with needs to warn the subjects at 19 mins that the time is nearly
up, and at 20 mins, the experiment needs to terminate.

I've looked at the RTTime help files, and am working on a variants of :-

if RteRunnableInputObject.RTTime >= 1140000 : <= 1200000 then goto LABEL1
else if RteRunnableInputObject.RTTime >= 1200000 then goto LABEL2
end if

Am I approaching this from the right angle?

Many thanks

Eddie Dubourg