Information/property access to slide sub-objects

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Mon Jan 22 21:44:31 UTC 2007

I have a case where I'd like to have multiple events occurring within a
slide object, both visual (.bmp) and auditory (.wav).

In the most simple case, a .wav file is started playing while a .bmp is
drawn. The two have differing durations, however, so that the experiment
moves on to the next object while the sound is still going.

Now in the data logging of a slide, it appears to report only the
properties of the slide object as a whole, which in reality seem to
reflect those of the graphical component.

In particular, aside from needing actual timing info for the on/offset
of the sound file, I need to be able to utilize the OnsetSignal and
OffsetSignal properties for this component as well, separately from the
on/offset of the screen drawing. However, the "object" for this sound is
a sub-object of the general Slide object.

Is there any way to get access to this information, or set the
properties of the sub-objects?

Thanks

Dave

W. David Hairston, Ph.D.

ANSIR Lab

Dept of Radiology

Wake Forest University School of Medicine

Medical Center Blvd

Winston-Salem NC 27157

(336) 716-7160 (Offiice)

(336) 716 0798 (Fax)