Object alternation task

De Brito, Stephane Stephane.DeBrito at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 19:58:34 UTC 2007

Dear E-prime experts,

I would like to program an object alternation task, which is a bit similar to the spatial alternation task I mentioned a few weeks ago on the e-prime list.

Task description:

The participant sees 2 objects (always a red tomato and a blue chair) and has to figure out which one is baited with a £20 note. The participant task is to learn that the object behind which the £20 note is located is being alternated after each correct response. After each correct response, a £20 note appears on the screen. Basically, I would like to design the task so that the subject can click on the object behind which he thinks the £20 note is hidden.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to display the same two objects but in different locations on the screen across trials? The objects should change locations on the screen in a random way.

2) I believe it is possible to use the mousse as an input device using the

SlideState.HitTest method, but don't really know how to use it.

Many thanks!

Stephane

Stephane De Brito, PhD student

Institute of Psychiatry

King's College London

Forensic Mental Health Science Department

Box P023

De Crespigny Park

Denmark Hill

London SE5 8AF