FW: change of reinforcement contingencies across participants

De Brito, Stephane Stephane.DeBrito at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 30 19:33:00 UTC 2007

Dear E-prime community,

With regards to my last email (see below), I have been trying to use an
array to solve my problem. I have the feeling that I am on the right
track, but would need your help. In my SessionProc I have put an Inline
(see Inline1 below) to declare my array and randomized it. In the
TrialProc, I have put another Inline which changes the pictures
displayed in the column attribute Picture1 and Picture2 - the names of
the bitmap files in my columns Picture1 and Picture2 are not cow.bmp;
car.bmp as I wrote in my first email (this was just to explain the
task), but 1.bmp; 2.bmp etc...

When I run the task, I am getting the following error message:

Cannot load bitmap file "Picarray(8)"

Invalid file

The error message mention a different file each time I run the task,
which seems to indicate that the randomization is working. Any
suggestions on how to get this right would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Stephan

--------

Inline1

Dim Picarray(9) As String

Picarray(0) = "1.bmp"

Picarray(1) = "2.bmp"

Picarray(2) = "3.bmp"

Picarray(3) = "4.bmp"

Picarray(4) = "5.bmp"

Picarray(5) = "6.bmp"

Picarray(6) = "7.bmp"

Picarray(7) = "8.bmp"

Picarray(8) = "9.bmp"

Picarray(9) = "10.bmp"

RandomizeArray Picarray

---------

Inline2

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "1.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(0)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "2.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(1)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "3.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(2)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "4.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(3)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "5.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(4)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "6.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(5)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "7.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(6)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "8.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(7)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "9.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(8)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture1") = "10.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture1", "Picarray(9)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "1.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(0)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "2.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(1)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "3.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(2)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "4.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(3)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "5.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(4)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "6.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(5)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "7.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(6)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "8.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(7)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "9.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(8)"

end if

if c.GetAttrib ("Picture2") = "10.bmp" then

            c.SetAttrib "Picture2", "Picarray(9)"

end if

Stephane De Brito, PhD student

Institute of Psychiatry

King's College London

Forensic Mental Health Science Department

Box P023

De Crespigny Park

Denmark Hill

London SE5 8AF