Windows

mich pseudoverlighter at zonnet.nl
Sat May 5 12:11:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

At home, I work with Windows Vista (32 bit - few things are supported in 64
bit) and have just installed E-Prime 2.0.1.61 (beta) to see if it would
work. I ran into one problem when quickly designing a single mini-experiment
(press button after seeing textdisplay): the sounddevice didn't work (unable
to create directx object). The sounddevice seems on as default, so turning
off that feature, I could make the experiment run.

So, if you use sound in your experiments, it seems that E-Prime 2.0 could
give you an error (I replicated this error with two audio interfaces, one of
which being the very default on-board one). On the other hand, some
programmes don't work at all in Vista, so there is hope. A pity I can't
install E-Prime 1.2 here, as the hardware key is kept at work, so you may
not find my information very relevant. In any case, I heavily recommend
first installing Vista on a different partition, so you will always be able
to switch back if you find compatibility for some programmes lacking.

Cheers,

Michiel Spapé
Cognitive Psychology Unit
Leiden University