Help with GoNoGo task

Ruth ruthvan.holst at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:08:31 UTC 2007

Hello!

I am pretty new with using e-prime and I have got some difficulties
with making a trial the way I want it to. I hope someone can help me
with this problem.

I have a random block design GoNoGo task, created with nested lists.
My task will have 4 different conditions with affective go stimuli and
neutral nogo stimuli. For 3 conditions the trials will be like, seeing/
reacting to stimuli, fixation cross and than, when the whole list is
run, going to the next condition.

Now comes my difficulty: In 1 specific condition, I want my subjects
to answer questions after they have reacted to all the go and nogo
stimuli in that condition. How can I do this?

I tried to make different procedures for my normal conditions and my
special condition, but what happens is that subjects will just see one
stimuli and than will be prompted with one question, instead of first
completing all my gonogo stimuli and than answering all my questions
at once.

Because of my randomization I do not know when this special condition
is shown, and I really need my subjects to fill in the questionnaire
after that specific condition and not just after all conditions have
been run.

I really hope that someone can help me with this problem!

Thanks in advance!!

Ruth