Incremental adjustments to participant's response

alex.marchant at gmail.com alex.marchant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:47:34 UTC 2007

Dear E-prime group,

I believe a question like this was answered back before the group went
onto google (I dimly remember something to do with adjusting the
length of a line), but I've lost a lot of my past messages and so
can't dig it out.

I want to get participants to either...

click on a circle and 'drag it' bigger or smaller, and then record the
final 'resting' size of the circle

or...

make the circle incrementally bigger or smaller  (preferably a pixel
at a time) by pressing a button, and then logging the final size.

At the moment I'm using E-prime to draw my stimuli. So something
like...

cnvs.Circle 640, 512, c.GetAttrib("TargetSize")

Where the '640' and '512' are coordinates and the
'c.GetAttrib("TargetSize")' is the radius of the circle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on either or both (if you have
the time!) questions.

many thanks

Alex Marchant MSc
Goldsmiths, University of London