E-Prime 2.0 Pro vs. non-Pro incompatibilities

David K McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Nov 21 14:50:04 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 Nov 2008 I wrote:

> - An .ebs2 (E-Run) file generated by non-Pro will run in E-Run Pro.
> - An .ebs2 file file generated by Pro will run in E-Run non-Pro, at
> least if it does not use any Pro features (I did not test any Pro features).
> - An .es2 (E-Studio) file made in non-Pro will open in E-Studio Pro.
> - An .es2 file made in Pro will *not* (repeat, *not*) open in E-Studio Pro.
> - Finally (pay attention here), an .es2 file made in non-Pro will
> open in E-Studio Pro, and if you change that file in Pro and save it,
> the resulting .es2 file will *still* open back in non-Pro (hooray!),
> at least if it does not use any Pro features (I did not test any Pro features).

And Anthony McGuffie at Coventry University found that I mis-typed the
fourth point.  I left off the "non-" from in front the second "Pro", which
does not make sense.  The fourth point should read,

 - An .es2 file made in Pro will *not* (repeat, *not*) open in E-Studio
non-Pro.

My apologies,
 -- David McFarlane