multiple choises and feedback

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:53:43 UTC 2007

this can easily be done in eprime.
here's a first step:

in the user tab of your Script window paste the following:
Dim theState as SlideState
Dim ptMouse as Point
Dim strHit as String

in your procedure you will need 4 items:
a Label object - "Label1"
then your Slide object - "Slide1"
then an Inline object to analyze responses - "InLine1"
then a Feedback object - "Feedback1"

on Slide1 you will present 8 images - "Image1", "Image2", ..., "Image8"
also on Slide1 you will need a Text box for people to click when they've
finished choosing their four images - "Text1"
make Text1 read something like "Click here when finished."

set your Slide1 duration to infinite, enable your mouse, and set Slide1 to
terminate after any mouse response.

in your InLine1 you'll use the built-in "StrHit" function.  it will look
like this...
Set theState = Slide1.States("Default")

Mouse.GetCursorPos ptMouse.x, ptMouse.y
strHit = theState.HitTest(ptMouse.x, ptMouse.y)

Select Case strHit
Case "Image1"
'if Image1 is a correct choice, you'll need to keep track of this somehow.
maybe Dim countCorrect as Integer in your User tab, then increment it every
time a correct image is selected.
Goto Label1
Case "Image2"
'find out if Image2 is a correct image, and increment the appropriate
counter, or whatever is necessary.
Goto Label1
Case "Image8"
'find out if Image8 is a correct image, and increment the appropriate
counter, or whatever is necessary.
Goto Label1
Case "Text1"
'check your counter to make sure the participant has clicked on at least 4
images (if that's how many you want them to select)
'If clickedCounter < 4 Then
'MsgBox("Please select 4 images before continuing.")
'Goto Label1
'End If
Case Else
Goto Label1
End Select

this inline will prevent the script from proceeding to the Feedback object
until all four images have been selected.  it will keep looping back to
Label1 until at least 4 images have been selected.

then you just need to figure out how you plan to give the feedback.

hope that helps.

ben robinson