joytick / display probem

kent lee kentlee7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:06:47 UTC 2007

   I just installed the 2.0 release candidate, and now I'm having
problems with it detecting the joystick. I can add a joystick to the
general expt. properties, but now with the RC, I am unable to add it
to the input properties for text display objects and such (we want to
use the game controller for responding to comprehension questions).
The file was originally made in the beta version, but when we try
running it in 2.0RC, the screen flickers out and turns black, and the
program won't run. I tried removing the joystick from the input
properties for text objects, but now I can't re-add it; it doesn't
show up under input devices (in text display object > input), though
as I said, the joystick option shows up under global expt. properties.
   Other files work fine that don't require a joystick. When we took
the joystick out of the computer and specify keyboard input, the
program works fine. BTW, the joystick is a simple Logitech game
controller, and it worked fine in the 2.0 beta version.
   Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
kent lee