recording ttl pulse from scanner

Binyam Nardos binyam.nardos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:46:27 UTC 2007

Hello all,
I have designated port 8 as my scanner pulse port and I have some
events dependent on that scanner pulse. So in my inline code, I have
something like:
c.setAttrib "pulseCode", "8"   and I have [pulseCode] under one of the
allowable buttons for my SRBOX under Duration/Input.
My question is: how does one actually keep track of whether or not and
how many times that pulse code has been detected. I tried placing a
counter in my inline code that increments everytime that event takes
place .... but how do I actually code that event ... i.e. ?
would it be something like

if (c.GetAttrib("pulseCode")  == 8) ....then execute a certain
action???

thanks in advance for any feedback