Multiple possible correct answers

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:36:32 UTC 2007

Hi Tim,

Assuming that the subject has to enter his/her answer in an object called TextDisplay1 and that the correct answers are defined as attribute with the name "CorrectResponses", you could use the following inline script to set the accuracy property (to be inserted after TextDisplay1):

' get the correct answers attribute
Dim sCorrectResponses as StringsCorrectResponses = c.GetAttrib("CorrectResponses")
' perform a case-insensitive search operation if Instr(sCorrectResponses, TextDisplay1.RESP, 1)=0 then   TextDisplay1.ACC = 0else   TextDisplay1.ACC = 1end if
' and also save the accuracy as attributec.SetAttrib "TextDisplay1.ACC", TextDisplay1.ACCNote that the Instr function will search for any character included in the "CorrectResponses" attribute, so don't include spaces unless a space is a correct response.Best,
Paul Groot

VU University Amsterdam

From: tlorat at psychology.ou.eduSubject: Multiple possible correct answersTo: eprime at mail.talkbank.orgDate: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:22:33 -0500

 Hello,
I am creating an experiment in which three Digits are presented (Digit1, Digit2, Digit3). The subject has to memorize and later report any one of those three. Is there a way to check for the correct response? If I enter [Digit1][Digit2][Digit3] in the "Correct:" space, it checks versus a concatenation of the three digits (e.g. 824 instead of 8 or 2 or 4).

Thanks for your help,

  Tim Lorat