visual search

Valentinos valentinosz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:34:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

Step 1

Figure out the resolution you will be displaying the experiment at.

Step 2

Using a slide object, on the properties of the background, set the
Width and the Height to the resolution you will be displaying the
experiment at

Step 3

Add your stimuli, as text, image, whatever. Under their properties of
the stimulus object and on the frame tab (where it will say position
X, Y) put something like [positionX] for X and [PositionY] for Y.

Step 4 in your block list (the one that controls how the each trial
will be presented add to columns that are labeled positionX and
positionY. Whatever you put under those columns in terms of pixel
position (lets say the resolution is 1024x768 then the x,y coordinates
of the center will be 512,384). This way for each trial the X and Y
position of the stimulus in the slide object will be determined by
what you have in those two columns in the blocklist.

I hope this helps,

Valentinos Zachariou
Carnegie Mellon University
Department of Psychology