Calling a second trial procedure within a procedure

Bjørn Sætrevik satrevik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:51:34 UTC 2008

Hi Tracy,

I would start out with one list (e.g. "TrialList") containing all your
288 trials (with one attribute for stimulus A and one attribute for
stimulus X). Every level of "TrialList" should contain a procedure
(e.g. "PresentStimulus") that presents A and the mask, and then runs a
new list (e.g. "TaskList"). "TaskList" should run randomly, and have
five levels that contains one procedure (e.g. "ComparisonTask"), and
one level that runs a different procedure (e.g. "IdentificationTask").
"ComparisonTask" and "IdentificationTask" should contain different
objects for instructions and responses.

You could state the correct answer for each task in two different
attributes on the "TrialList" level, and in the "TaskList" you could
have an attribute that reference to the "TrialList" level attribute
that should currently be used, and then have your response object
refer to the "TaskList" level attribute as "Correct response".

I hope this helps,
Bjørn