response dependence

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 19 16:05:58 UTC 2008

Dana,

>I am trying to work out how e-prime gives me a response dependent
>slide/stimuli/pic.

Here is what I would do.  Start a new program in E-Studio.  Add two
objects to the SessionProc:  TextDisplay1 and FeedbackDisplay1.  On
FeedbackDisplay1, set Input Object Name to TextDisplay1.  Then
generate the program, and look at the full script, in the
"Implementation" section.  Notice the long If ... Then ... Else ...
statement, containing lines like FeedbackDisplay1.ActiveState =
"Correct".  See how E-Prime automatically makes code for
response-dependent slides using FeedbackDisplays (which are really
just specialized Slide objects) and then explore and adapt from there.