Radio Buttons in E-Prime

Matt Lenhart mplenhart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:34:37 UTC 2008

Hi Mary,

While this is possible, it cannot be done directly through the E-Prime
interface. What you would need to do is use two images - one would be
an "empty" (not selected) radio button while the other would be a
"full" (selected) radio button. You could then present these images as
needed via a Slide object or the Canvas object. Script would be
necessary in order to fill the radio button when it is clicked and/or
empty the previously selected radio button should a new one be
selected.

I would recommend taking a look at the LoadImageUponMouseClick.zip
sample experiment I have uploaded in the Files section. This example
is very close to what you have described, except that you would
replace the "checkbox" images with radio button images. Note that this
example allows the subject to select multiple items. Typically, radio
buttons allow for only one response, so additional script would be
necessary to restrict the subject in this manner.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the sample.

- Matt
PST Technical Consultant
http://www.pstnet.com