Res: experiment design

Matt Lenhart mplenhart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 14:37:10 UTC 2008

Hi Thenille,

You can take a look at the experiment "Process Responses Template
Flash.es" that has been added to the Files section. This is a very
basic experiment based off of Process Responses Template.es. This
follows option 3 provided in my previous response. Essentially, a loop
is used immediately following the response object (which has its
Duration set to 0). This loop runs continuously until 10 seconds have
passed (the Time Limit property of the response object has been set to
10000). The loop will change the background color of the SlideText sub-
object every 100ms to present a flashing effect. The subject can
respond multiple times during this time (the Max Count property of the
response object has been set to 99999 and the End Action has been set
to none). A response count is reported on the stimulus as a reference.

The script gains access to the Slide object and changes the BackColor
property every iteration through the loop. The Slide object is then
redrawn. Though this may not be exactly what you will be presenting in
your task, you should be able to use the methods demonstrated and
apply them to your task (e.g., if you are presenting a flashing dot,
you would change the Text property from blank to "." every 100ms,
etc).

- Matt
PST Technical Consultant
http://www.pstnet.com/