Color, Size, and Display Duration Randomization

jbpsy1 jbpsy1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:24:31 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have set up an experiment in which a series of objects (squares or
x's), along with a tone, are presented quickly. We would like for the
object's size (~5cm to 30cm screen image size, in 5cm intervals) and
display duration (~75ms to 100ms in 5ms intervals) to be radomized
between trials (1 trial= entire presentation of series), and the
object's color (red, yellow, green, blue, orange) to be randomized
within each trial.

I've almost completely accomplished this task by creating extremely
large lists that contain one instance of each parameter and
randomizing selection within the list, but I know there has to be an
easier way.

Your help is greatly appreciated!