e.prime can manage three devices simultaneously?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Dec 16 15:03:14 UTC 2008

gc,

>I wolud like to know if  I can create a program with e-prime in which
>some visible and static cue are shown and the time reaction by the
>sobject is catched.
>And Which kind of event can it listen?  I would like to catch the
>input from two buttons (two joystick, one for each hand) and a pedal.
>Is it possible with e-prime? and are there some device that goes with
>the program?

Yes, you may add multiple input masks on the Duration/Input tab of
any object.  You can even add multiple masks for the same input
device (e.g., multiple masks for one keyboard or mouse), and each
input mask can have can have its own Allowable, Correct, Time Limit,
and End Action -- with all of that you can create a variety of
effects, but you do need to pay attention to what you do!  I am sorry
that I cannot give more detail than that, but you may want to
download the MultipleResponseCollection example from the PST web
site, or do a search using "multiple inputmask" at the PST Forum.

Good luck,