Adaptive Method in Eprime

PinkSunflower carolinakt at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:29:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I would like to programm an algorithm in Eprime but unfortunately I
don't know how to do that: I searched for information on the internet
but I couldn't find anything helpful. Maybe you can help with with
this.
Participants in my study will see two lines: One line is the standard
line; it never changes its length. The other one is the comparative
line: The comparative line changes its size depending on the response
of the participants on the trial before. The length of the line is
calculated by an algorithm that looks like this: Xn+1 = Xn - c/n (Zn -
K). Xn is the actual stimulus size of the comparative line, c is a
constant, n is the trial number, Zn is the response of the participant
which is either 0 or 1 and K is a set criteria. After every trial Xn+1
is calculated and set as the new stimulus size Xn. This new stimuli
size should be displayed in the next trial. This continues until a
criteria is achieved.

Okay, my question is: Is there anyone who can help me to employ this
algorithm in Eprime?

Take care,
CAROLINA