Balanced drawing from 2 columns

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:24:51 UTC 2008

whatever procedure is running "SlideWord" is being called from the same list
that has [ColumnX] in it, right?  let's call this your TrialList.
i propose instead of having [ColumnX] populated sometimes from [ColumnA] and
sometimes from [ColumnB], have it populated sometimes from [ColumnWord] in
NestedListA and sometimes from [ColumnWord] in NestedListB.  that means that
your two nested lists only need a single column, titled ColumnWord.  put
half your words in NestedListA under its ColumnWord, and the other half of
your words in NestedListB under its ColumnWord.
in your TrialList, you'll need two rows.  first row: NestedListA, running
your SlideWordProcedure, and under ColumnX: [ColumnWord].
on the second row of your TrialList: NestedListB, running
SlideWordProcedure, under ColumnX: [ColumnWord].

does that make any sense?

when the first row of TrialList runs the SlideWordProcedure, it will pull a
word from NestedListA.  when the second row of TrialList runs the
SlideWordProcedure, it will pull a word from NestedListB.

ben