Stimulus duration in error?

andi shouts_of_joy at arcor.de
Fri Feb 22 11:19:01 UTC 2008

Hi there,

the following question:
in my experiment I present in the follwing order:

fixation cross (500ms) - stimulus (1000ms) - blank screen (random time
between 1000 - 1200 ms).

I am using event mode as the duration of the stimulus needs to be
constant (EEG recording - ERP experiment) - always 1000 ms.

Times are adapted to vertical refresh (i.e. fixation cross duration
483 ms instead of 500 ms). The stimulus preload is 100 ms.

Problem: in the edat-file (constructed during the presentation) I am
told the stimulus duration is 1000 ms (as wished). The time difference
between the onset and offset of stimulus equals 900 ms (for example
onset: 191503, stimulus offset: 192403).

Why is that? Does that mean the stimulus is presented only for 900 ms?
If yes, what can be done about it?

Thanks for your help!

Andrea