Touch Screen Responding in Eprime

Matt Lenhart matt.lenhart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:18:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

It is possible to use E-Prime with a touchscreen. A touchscreen works
in E-Prime by emulating the Mouse Device; therefore, you can typically
use any touch screen that sends mouse messages to Windows. We have not
specifically tested touchscreen notebooks, but I would imagine they
work in much the same way.

You can also refer to the sample experiment (Emulate.es) available in
the Files section, which should provide you with a good example of how
the Mouse Emulation for touch screen support works in v1.x.
Essentially, you need only edit the Mouse device in the Experiment
Object, changing its OpenMode from Direct to Emulate. You will also
see in the sample a call to SetPCodeSleepFrequency. On faster
machines, Mouse Emulation may require this call to
SetPCodeSleepFrequency so that the emulation can work properly.  Also,
please note that when in Emulate mode, the "regular" mouse still works
with the added effect that a touch screen will work, as well.

- Matt