run experiment in E-Prime 2.0

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jan 24 19:43:35 UTC 2008

At 1/24/2008 09:14 AM Thursday, you wrote:
>I am sorry for the confusion. I was able to run it in E-Prime 1.0
>perfectly. But I do not know how to open the programs written with
>E-Prime 1.0. How should I do ?

Let's assume that your question is, "I wrote a program in E-Prime
1.0, and it runs in E-Prime 1.0, but now I want to run it with
E-Prime 2.0.  How do I do that?"

First, launch E-Studio 2.0 from the Start menu.  From within E-Studio
2.0, use File > Open to bring up the Open dialog.  Go to the "Files
of type" drop-down box, and select "E-Studio files 1.x (*.es)".  That
will allow you to browse for your original E-Prime 1.0 experiment.

When you open your E-Studio 1.0 file in EP2, you will get a
"Converting" message.  Now when you save your file it will be an EP2
file (*.es2), and when you generate the E-Run/E-Basic file that will
also be in version 2.0 (*.ebs2).  You can run your experiment
directly from E-Studio 2.0, or once generated you can run the
experiment using E-Run 2.0.

Once you have saved and/or generated your 1.0 experiment as a 2.0
experiment, you will be able to double-click on the *.es2 or *.ebs2
files to launch E-Studio 2.0 or E-Run 2.0.

Does that help?

---
David McFarlane, Systems Designer
Dept. Psychology, Michigan State University
mcfarla9 at msu.edu    www.msu.edu/~mcfarla9
Voice: (517) 353-0799    Fax: (517) 353-1652