If ... Then ... Else (problems) "former" Do ... Loop

Pedro Margalhos margalhos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:34:55 UTC 2008

Hi once again,

First of all, thanks for the tips. Things (experiment) are running better.
However I'm still having some problems.

I need to present the following (In a Flicker Paradigm):

1.       Fixation cross (textdisplayobject)

2.       StimulusA (slideObject)

3.       Mask(textdisplayobject)

4.       StimulusA'(slideObject)

5.       Mask(textdisplayobject)

The sequence is:

1.       fixation cross appear (500 ms);

2.       StimulusA appear (250 ms);

3.       Mask appear (250 ms);

4.       StimulusA' appear (250 ms);

5.       Mask appear (250 ms).

The participant is instructed to check if there is any difference between
the 2 images presented. If there is any difference should press "1" and if
there is no difference press "0".

Because images appear quite quickly subject is instructed to watch carefully
before answering. Therefore, both images must run/appear repeatedly and
alternate until the participant is sure to gives an answer ("1" or "0").
[Picture/attachmet demonstrate the experiment]

 If participants answer "1" (there is a difference) then the experiment
should go to a different place in order to ask the participant in what
quadrant the difference appear (This part is presented with a slide object
and mouse possibility to answer). And after the participant gives an answer
the experiment should move over to a different set of images and so on (…).

If the participants answer "0" (there is no difference) then the experiment
should go to a different set of images (i.e. in the same TrialList) and so
on.

*Note:* The following should happen independently of the correct answer.
Let's say, picture_A and picture_A' are equal but the participant answer "1"
(there is a difference). The experiment should go to the part were the
participant is asked about the quadrant localization of the different, even
though his answer is not correct. And the same should happen if the
participant answer "0" (there is no difference) and the difference exist.

I'm using as yours advice an If … Then Statement and I add an Else (like
this):

*If RealStimulus.ACC Or AlterStimulus.ACC = 0 Then *

*            Goto Label1*

*Else*

*            Goto Label2*

*End If*

What is happening is the following: I have 6 pairs of images (2 images x 6
times), and they are flickering quite well with the times I have set and so
on. The problem is when I have to give the answer. First, the experiment is
not accepting immediately the answer. Even though, when it accepts it moves
to that part were localization is ask and after that moves to a different
pair of images (what is good). It's supposed when the participant gives an
answer to something that is written (script) to happen. Secondly,
independently of what the participant answer is ("1" or "0") the experiment
go to those parts were the quadrant localization is asked.

Once again Thanks in advance,

Pedro Margalhos Rodrigues