Running one procedure or other depending on subject's response

Gilgamesh Fblanco81 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:04:26 UTC 2008

Hello, I'm new at E-Prime programming and I have encountered a problem
that I don't know how to solve, despite it seems easy to cope with.
In my experiment, the participant must decide whether he / she
responds or not in every trial. The feedback (correct / incorrect
answer) should be shown at a certain probability depending on whether
the participant has responded or not. So, in a given trial:
If the participant has responded, then the feedback should be
"correct" 75% of the times.
If the participant has NOT responded, then the feedback should be
"correct" 50% of the times.
And so on... (50 training trials)
This is only an example of what I am trying to program.

And now, here is my question:
How can I script an inline so that the feedback is presented with a
given probability depending whether the participant responded or not
in that trial?

My first approach to the problem (it may be a too bad approach)
consisted of presenting a list with 2 series of 50 trials, one for the
procedure "Response" and one for the procedure "No response", both
pending from the same list. My intention was to script something like:
If c.GetAttrib("Stimulus.ACC") = 1 Then
...Run one procedure or the other one.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your attention and please excuse me for posting such a long
message.