Probability

Marcel insight8183 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 16:18:38 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am a new user of e-prime and want to program a card game which has
the following features:

On each trial 2 cards will be presented, one after another. Before the
cards are shown participants have to decide whether the number of the
2nd card will be higher or lower than that of the first card. Now,
with each card number (numbers 1-5) there is a different probability
of whether the 2nd card will be higher or lower. For example, for
number "1" the 2nd card will be higher in 100% of the cases, for
number "2" the 2nd card will be higher for 75% of the cases and lower
for 25% of the cases and so on.

I have been thinking to do it with an If/then statement. However, I
don't know how to program probability in E-prime (I couldn't find it
in the help function). Do you know how to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Best,
Marcel