displaying international characters

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Jun 26 17:16:45 UTC 2008

JKB,

>I'm a first time E-Prime user wondering about how international
>characters (e.g. an "e" with an accent) can be displayed.  Is there a
>way to present these as text in a TextDisplay event, or do you have to
>turn them into bitmaps and display them using ImageDisplay?

In the properties page for your text object, go to the Font tab and
try a different font.  For instance, I typed "abc" into a
TextDisplay, and change the font to Symbol.  Then my "abc" became
Greek characters (alpha, beta, chi).  If you can change to a font
with international characters then all should work.