Check Accuracy/ Re-run practice trials

Dina deedeevau at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 18:57:59 UTC 2008

Dear E-Primers,

I have programmed a task consisting of three blocks:
1) Practice block (3 trials)
2) Noun block (52 trials)
3) Verb block (52 trials)

I'd like a participant to go through the practice trials first and
only when the participant has all three correct, he/she can proceed to
the next block of "real" trials (which would be the Noun block). If
the participant fails 1 out of 3 or more, I'd like the programme to
jump back to the beginning of the Practice block and re-rerun the
practice trials until a participant has all 3 correct.

I wanted to insert a "Check Accuracy" inline script, and searched
through the User's guide.
There is a section which explains step by step how to do this. But it
is done with a Feedback Object. I've tried to use the Feedback object,
but this was not succesful. I did not have a Feedback object
originally in the task, so if I can avoid creating one, that would be
great.

Is there a possibility that I can programme the task in such a way,
that after a participant fails (1, 2, or 3) items from the practice
trials, the programme will not proceed to a Feedback object, but
instead will proceed to a Text object and subsequently after pressing
a spacebar, jump back to the beginning of the practice block? If so,
what kind of inline script would I need to use and where would I place
the Text object?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this!
Many thanks,
Dina