Problem with huge list

James Keidel keidel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:48:42 UTC 2008

hi NIkos

yes, indeed there should be an easier way to do this with an inline.
to get you started, basically your list only needs one row I think,
with attributes in place of values as you have in your email.

you then have a script which creates an array of integers, 0-9.  you
then call RandomizeArray and take the first 5 entries from the
randomized version.  half the time you set the probe digit to one of
the digits from the first five, the other half you take the 6th entry
in the randomized array and make that the probe.  One drawback here is
that there is no guarantee you won't have a duplicate trial in there,
but if that is a concern you can generate all the trials before
starting then run through them in a script to ensure there are no
duplicates.  I think it is extremely unlikely this would happen
though.

hope this helps you get started; feel free to email me if you get stuck at all.

best

JK