Block number counter?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed May 28 15:05:10 UTC 2008

Marco,

>Is it possible to implement block number and trial number counters
>directly into the e-prime experiment file, such that it is
>automatically included in the e-merge output file? That would speed up
>data processing tremendously! Thanks in advance!

Yes.  I will just give some general remarks, and leave the specifics to others.

First, you can add anything you like to the e-prime experiment file
using the Context .SetAttrib method (see the Context Object topic in
the E-Basic online help).  I.e.,

c.SetAttrib anything_you_like

where any_thing_you_like could be literal text ("Any Text You Like"),
literal numbers (e.g., 12, or 12.34), or a variable name that stands
for text or a number.

Next, you could set up global variables (see sections 4.3.5 and 4.4.3
of the E-Prime User's Guide) and use a bit of inline script to keep
track of block and trial numbers, and then use c.SetAttrib to log
them as needed.