tracking multiple responses to a multiple choice question

Nicole Anderson nanderson at klaru-baycrest.on.ca
Tue Nov 18 16:37:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We have a fun one for you. We are creating an experiment in which one
sees a category name on top (e.g., animal) and then four possible
"answers" below it (e.g., cat, horse, elephant, duck). One is pre-
determined to be "correct".

The program is set to provide correct feedback after 1, 2, or 3
feedback for their first two choices, and correct feedback for their
third choice.

This is quite simple, by weighting the trials by the condition (so the
for the condition described above, the trial gets a weighting of 3,
and we're using sequential selection).

What isn't working is the following:
     1) we don't want someone to select the same answer twice. I've
got it to strike-through the
         text of a previously selected item, and use InLine to set the
allowable responses to the
         unselected options, but E-Prime still accepts a previously
accepted response.
     2) I'd like the computer to beep or something is an unallowed
response is made (but still
        have E-Prime wait for an allowable response).

Any thoughts?

-- Dr. Nicole Anderson