Movie displays freeze.

Christine Christine.Watson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:37:47 UTC 2008

I'm having a problem with movies freezing (the video freezes; the
video's audio loops) in E-Prime 2.0.8.22.  What combination of options
for playing movies is correct?  Let's say I have a movie that is 5
minutes long, and I want to play 3 minutes of it.  I set the begin
time to 00:00:00.00 and the end time to 00:03:00.00.  In all cases,
"Stop After" was set to "yes".  What next?  I have tried the
following:

1. Set "End Movie Action" to terminate, then set Duration to
"infinite." (freezes)
2. Set "End Movie Action" to none, then set Duration equal to 3
minutes.  (freezes)
3. Set "End Movie Action" to none, then set Duration to 3 minutes + 1
second. (freezes)
4. Set "End Movie Action" to none, set Duration to "infinite", and set
a key (like the letter 'k') to advance the movie once it stops
playing.  (This seems to work but is inconvenient).

Any suggestions?  Thank you!