Correct and Incorrect Feedback Question

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon Sep 29 19:37:03 UTC 2008

Jessica,

>I am trying to program eprime so that the Correct Answer feedback
>display appears for 100ms and the Incorrect Answer feedback display
>appears for 500ms. However, since the Correct and Incorrect feedback
>displays are linked together, the program will not allow me to assign
>different display times to each.

You will need some inline script and an attribute reference.  Set the
duration of your Feedback object to [FeedDur].  Now suppose you want
feedback for an object called StimText.  In script before the
Feedback object, do this:

If StimText.ACC Then  ' correct answer
     c.SetAttrib "FeedDur", 100
Else  ' incorrect answer
     c.SetAttrib "FeedDur", 500
End If

(Note:  I did not use the full "If StimText.ACC <> 0", since the "<>
0" is understood by default.)

We can also make this a little cleaner by removing the "magic numbers", thus,

Const DurCorrect as Integer = 100
Const DurIncorrect as Integer = 500

If StimText.ACC Then  ' correct answer
     c.SetAttrib "FeedDur", DurCorrect