getting e-prime to keep consistency over a repeted measures design

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 00:37:15 UTC 2009

what you could do, I guess, is to have someone else to make the
randomisation for you. This would take the form of having a number of
procedures in your total experiment, each of which containing a
different combination of (two) stimuli. Then make an inline at the
beginning of the experiment along the lines of 'if subjectnumber is x
goto yz-label, wherein you place y1- to yz-labels at the beginning of
each procedure. All the procedures then have to end with another
inline saying goto endlabel, with endlabel being placed at the end of
your total experiment. This way subjectnumber will account for the
stimuli being used. If you then add a two-line list in each procedure
determining which stimulus (piece of information) to use as the third
stimuluse being either one predeteremined or one randomly pulled from
a list, that could result in the desired design. This way you'll have
to find someone to fill in the x's (subjectnumbers) and y's (procedure
to be used, i.e. stimuli to be used) for you. As for total safety you
could then pull the .ebs-file out of the folder and have the folder
with the .es file locked with a password by your 'partner in crime'
who will not reveal the password untill you're done testing as to
assure double-blindness. I have some code to redirect to certain
procedures based on subject numbers, somewhere, yell if you need it.

Sincerely,

liwenna