Evidence on e-prime timing accuracy compared to other similar software?

CB cb.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:29:02 UTC 2009

I realise I risk annoying people here, as I imagine this has been
addressed here and  elsewhere. But with an admittedly quite cursory
look so far (here, journal databases, pst's web site), I haven't found
any objective tests of e-prime against other similar packages. I'll go
on looking, but if anyone knows of anything that could save me a major
hunt, I'd appreciate it.

I'm well aware of the complexities involved (and the vagueness of the
question), and that hardware and OS issues are at least as significant
as the software. I've read the user and reference guides, thinned
Windows down, run the Refresh Clock tests, etc.

(background: I have an e-prime experiment that's nearly ready to run,
but there's some suggestion that I should redevelop it in
Presentation, because of what seem to me like some folklorish
impressions at large about e-prime's relative timing unreliability).