Need help programming conditional feedback

Adam Osth adamosth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:29:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

For a filler task for an experiment, I am currently programming a little
game similar to Egyptian Ratscrew. Basically, the program will continue
presenting cards from a deck, but whenever two of the same card appear in a
row, the subject has the opportunity to press the spacebar, slapping the
deck and winning some points.

To do this, I have a list called EgyptianRatscrew with a nested list called
Cards that contains the attributes of the card bitmaps and the card values.
I have a looping proc that initializes LastCard to CurrentCard (both are 0
if it's the first iteration), shows a picture from the nested list, and
another infile that initializes CurrentCard to the picture that was
presented.

MY PROBLEM is that I need to have some kind of feedback display that pops up
with a little happy face, but ONLY appears when people do the task correctly
(when the current card is the same as the last card). Does anybody have any
suggestions?

My thought is to have the infile commands all appear before the picture
shows up with an if statement that initializes a correct answer variable
when current card = last card. This correct answer variable is set as the
condition for the presentation slide.

Adam