dual task reaction times

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Apr 24 15:17:45 UTC 2009

Alex,

>I have an experiment where I have a vocal response to a simple
>multiplication (eg. 7*8) and a keyboard response to a red circle (and
>not to a green or yellow one). These are presented on the same slide.
>My problem is that only the response that is made first gets logged
>with its reaction time and other data. Is there a way to log both of
>the reaction times?

One thought, start with a Wait object with Duration 0, have it get
the voice response with an appropriate Time Limit, and set End Action
to (none).  Follow that with your slide object, and have the slide
get the keyboard response for the red circle, again with an
appropriate Time Limit.  One problem, you will have to decide which
if either of these responses is allowed to terminate the slide,
probably best to let the slide just time out and set End Action to
(none) for all inputs.

Also, if you browse the PST Downloads area you may find that they
have a program to demonstrate this.