help--alternating text and image stimuli

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Apr 30 21:31:00 UTC 2009

Rick,

I would use a Slide object with multiple states, as you guessed.  One
state would use a Text sub-object, and another state would use an
Image sub-object.  You would then have to use a bit of inline script
to set the state before running the slide in your procedure, based
either on the value of the attribute that encodes the stimulus, or
using another attribute just to indicate text vs. image.  Might be
worth browsing the PST downloads to see if they show how to handle
Slide states, or just make a demo program with any Slide (or better,
a Feedback object, which is just a special type of Slide) and look at
the generated script, that's how I figure out how to manage Slide states.

Good luck,
-- David McFarlane, Professiona Faultfinder