Echo to display--how can I get more control?

Peter Quain pquain at une.edu.au
Sat Aug 1 02:33:15 UTC 2009

At 03:40 AM 1/08/2009, you wrote:

>@Peter Quain
>
>I've tried adding a text box with [Slide1.RESP], which works in my
>feedback object, to my Slide1 Object.  E-Prime doesn't like it, says
>that it doesn't exist, which makes sense, because it doesn't yet.

I'm trying to put together an experimental setup in which participants
respond to 3 different stimuli presented simultaneously. They respond
either A, B, or C. The way I have this set up is as a slide object
with the 3 stimuli, accepting their 3 character response. While I can
get these three character responses to echo to the screen in one
location, I'd like to have each character of their responses echo to
the screen under its corresponding stimuli, and I can't seem to get
this to work.
... perhaps you could have your stimulus slide (Stim), an inline,
then a copy of the stimulus slide (Fback) with text boxes. Stim could
terminate when it has collected a response, then the inline grabs the
response and sets the text parameters for the following Fback slide.
The transition from Stim to Fback need only occupy a single screen
refresh, so would unlikely be noticed by subject. Not sure exactly
what you are asking in each trial, but if in each trial the response
is only made to one of the three stimuli, and you don't want empty
text boxes in Fback, then make three Fback slides with only 1 textbox
on each, beneath the stimulus that was responded to, and precede each
one with a flag. The inline would then include an If statement
assessing which stim was responded to, with a corresponding GoTo
command jumping to the flag.