Fwd: SRBox problem

Roni Tibon ronitibon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 08:43:13 UTC 2009

 Hi all,

We're experiencing some problems with a serial response box we have recently
puchased (model 200A). When trying to run an experiment in E-Prime using the
box we get an error message numbered 10051 (see image SRBox1.jpg). We are
running E-Prime 2 on a Windows XP computer.

The SRBox is connected to the actual port (and not to a serial-to-USB
adapter).

The drivers are installed on the machine, and the device is well connected.
We couldn't locate any conflicting ports, and we have full privileges on the
machine. We also tried changing the "bits per second" property for the port
(under device manager) to 19,200, but it didn't help.

Attached is a screenshot of the device manager (SRBox2.jpg). As you can see,
the SRBox appears under "Other devices", and not under "Communications
Port". Could this be the problem? What might cause it?

However - when I tested the box using the SRBoxTester, everything looked OK
(see attached image - SRBox3.jpg - which was taken while holding keys 2 & 3)
.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Roni