audio files and delays

Conrad cmwarnke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:46:22 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am developing a task which includes audio files.  My samples loop
pretty fast.  This is how it looks.
Slide 1: 350 ms with audio clip (1 of 12 audio files)
Slide 2: 50 ms of black screen buffer
Slide 3: 600 ms with audio clip (same audio file every time); collect
response
Slide 4: 100 ms of black screen buffer.
Repeat 2500 times.

I have noticed that i get a pretty significant delay 150 ms with each
audio file.  This delay seems to grow quite a bit by the end of the
task to 500 ms.

I've played around with the pre-release, audio buffer time, and
streaming vs. buffered audio files and I haven't found a combination
where the audio file will completely play and I don't have a massive
delay.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Conrad
Madison, WI