subliminal priming

Peter Quain pquain at une.edu.au
Sat Aug 22 14:01:55 UTC 2009

to get 6-7ms duration your monitor must be running at ~ 142Hz -
that's a fast refresh! You must be using canvas (I assume, because
you are using WritePort commands). Anyway, say your monitor is set to
100Hz. You should be able to copy from offscreen canvas at the start
of a refresh, and follow the copy command with a writeport then Sleep
for 7ms, then zero the port, and fit it all in the 10ms refresh. I
thought Neuroscan equipment liked pulsewidths of a few ms, and my old
lab had no worries with 7ms duration pulses.