Reaction time outliers in e-prime

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Dec 10 22:43:43 UTC 2009

ashraf,

Offhand, I don't know if this is a question about how to do something
in E-Prime, or a more general question about how to handle outliers,
which would be better suited for a class on data analysis.  Also, is
there any reason to have E-Prime handle outliers at run time rather
than to gather all the raw data first and then deal with outliers
during analysis?  And you would probably use some statistics analysis
package to handle the outliers, not E-Prime.  But first you have to
have a good grounding in statistical data analysis before you start
throwing out data, and I would think that that topic goes way beyond
the purpose this E-Prime Group.

Regards,
public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."  (Richard Feynman,
Nobel prize-winning physicist)