Reaction time outliers in e-prime

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Dec 11 14:41:23 UTC 2009

ashraf,

Mich already kindly gave some specific instructions on how to use the
filtering feature of E-DataAid.  For more information, please work
through the the E-DataAid tutorial in the Getting Started Guide, the
Data Handling chapter in the User's Guide, and the E-DataAid chapter
of the Reference Guide that came with E-Prime.  While you are at it
you should also study the E-Merge chapters in those Guides.  It is
well worth the effort, in my experience these tools are vastly
underutilized even though they provide enough benefit that it is
almost worth using E-Prime for these data analysis tools alone.  They
still will not do statistical hypothesis testing or more complicated
data manipulation for you, but with a little effort these tools can
*greatly* simplify the early stages of data analysis.