Response devices

Carlos ixkackxi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 21:53:16 UTC 2009

David,

Hi there, I am new to the group and see that you make your own boxes
to communicate with E-PRime. We are currently in the process of
converting some old IFIS response pads to work directly with E-Prime,
but are having difficulty getting E-Prime to detect every button press
and difficulty figuring out what type of characters E-Prime is
expecting. Since the SRBox Device is usually set to emulate the
keyboard I thought we could have the bread board we currently have the
pads connected to send out the hex code associated with the main
number keys on the keyboard. This didn't work very well and sometimes
buttons that were wired differently elicited the same output.

So my question is if you know what type of input E-Prime is expecting
from a device connected to the serial port?

Thanks,

Carlos Faraco
University of Georgia